I am Brave and Beautiful

I am Brave and Beautiful - a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I joined in!! Colbie's song says, "Take your make up off. Let your hair down... Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you... "
Megan and I have been the team behind this whole project. Our worldwide vision included creating our own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for us to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.
Me along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don't need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag - #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat's attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!



In these two photos you can see a significant difference around my eyes, my wrinkles, smile lines, crows feet whatever you want to call them I have them in one picture and not in the other. I like the natural one better. Yep, I said natural is better. Why? Why am I ok with the wrinkles? Because I don't see them as wrinkles I see them as my WARRIOR lines. These wrinkles are a direct result of every smile and tear shed in my life. They are the result of a life well lived, full of meaning, deepened with every sorrow and extended with every joy. I look forward to being old and wrinkly because it is my outward testament of a great life, a warrior's life. 
I think the only thing we have to "TRY" to do is own who we are. We are who we are because our families, friends, neighbors, strangers and the world needs us to be who we are. We don't have to "...TRY so hard", like Colbie Calliat says, because all we have to do is be ourselves. We each have strengths, talents, weaknesses and failures unique to us in order for us to learn, grow and accomplish our unique purpose here on earth. If we need makeup or no makeup in order to feel like our true self then that is what we need to do. 
There are a lot of people, images and messages in our lives that will try to tear us down. They try to make us believe that we are not valued. We need, no we have to shut those messages out of our lives! In Coblie's song she says, "take your makeup off", to me the word makeup can be literal and it can be whatever or whoever is holding you back from liking you. We need to find and own the value of how we look, what our talents are and what our purpose is. Once we understand these things we will fly with self worth, light and truth and we will change the world one tiny insignificant moment at a time and live a warrior's life.
(Thank you Lindsay Black for taking my natural photo.)
share your natrual beauty - brassyapple.com
Don't stop here. Get clicking around - its a blog hop! Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.
>>>>>>>Important info! Blog Hops often have glitches the first day. If the link has an ERROR, simply click on the HOME button for each site, or google the blog name next to the link, and you should see their brave and beautiful post there. Links will be updated as soon as possible.<<<<<<<<<<<<
women sharing their natural beauty - no makeup
women with our makeup on and what makes them beautiful
women from around the world share their face with no makeup on - BrassyApple.com
Mommy bloggers share their face without makeup and what makes then beautiful
Natural beauty untouched photos
raw natural beauty - join the movement
beauty and bravery - women wearing no makeup - Brassyapple.com
#colbietry #iambraveandbeautiful
Ready in join in?Snap, hashtag and share! Tag @BrassyApple and @Peacefrom6Pieces if you can too!
Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! thank you so much for including us and taking the time to put this together!! LOVE flooding the world with good! #youarebeautiful #womenneedwomen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for being a part of the goodness.

      Delete
  2. Love it :) You're right- we need to shut those messages off/out and focus on the truth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining with us and sharing a good message.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I love the idea that they are warrior lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! I love your warrior lines, I call mine Tiger Stripes, you have to earn them. I love your red hair and blue eyes. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Tiger stripes are awesome. You're right they do have to be earned.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love you!!! Great job pulling this all together. You just glow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us! I love all the natural faces I feel like you see the light inside flowing out of our eyes and then you can see right into our souls.

      Delete
  6. Hey! I have warrior lines too! Thanks so much for putting this together. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your natural head shot is so breathtaking I could cry. I see light in your eyes and wisdom on your face. I love you muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a positive message and movement! this couldn't have come at a better time for me today! Ive joined up and shared this message on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy it's been good for you and you've joined us.

      Delete
  9. Woops, it cut me off! You are incredible and I remember after the first time I met you, I knew how genuine you are. I wish that I have been able to see you more often and talk to you because every time I do I feel a special light radiate from you! Your raw picture is gorgeous and I really appreciate what you've said. Thanks for all the work and sweat you put into this! I am a better person for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, sincerely I feel the exact same way. For some reason I never get enough time with you. Our moments are always fleeting but heartfelt and for that I am grateful. It's as if our spirits say more than out mouths can. I hope to have some longer moments soon. Xo

      Delete
  10. I freaking love you and your face no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're gorgeous. I'm beyond jealous of your hair and eyes. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such pretty ayes you have thanks for posting this is so cool .. tttt4 at al3abfun

    ReplyDelete